THE BARRIGEL ADVANTAGE1
With Barrigel, YOU are in control. Visualize how much space you’re creating in real time and customize the implant to each patient’s anatomy.
Take your time building a symmetrical, even implant. Achieve symmetry laterally and full coverage from apex to base.
Sculpt, layer, and add more gel where needed, to optimize protection of the organ at risk.
Hypoechoic properties ensure high visibility on TRUS imaging for a clear view of Barrigel as you sculpt the implant in real-time.
Hear from BARRIGEL PHYSICIANS
“The ease-of-use injecting Barrigel allows the implanter to inject the spacer under no time constraint, and switch easily from sagittal to transverse ultrasound views for symmetrical, excellent coverage of the entire prostate gland. It’s a no-brainer.”
NASHA is a non-polymerizing gel formulated for the strength to separate and lift tissue, making it an ideal material for spacing.
Viscoelastic gel bends, stretches and reforms with the body’s natural movements, while maintaining placement and final shape throughout radiation therapy.
- Mariados NF, Orio PF III, Schiffman Z et al. Hyaluronic acid spacer for hypofractionated prostate radiation therapy: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Oncol. 2023: e1-e8.
- Restylane® celebrates 25 years of natural-looking results with its signature line of hyaluronic acid fillers. 2021. Accessed: June 21, 2023. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/restylane-celebrates-25-years-of-natural-looking-results-with-its-signature-line-of-hyaluronic-acid-fillers-301388779.html.
- What every urologist needs to know about SpaceOAR® hydrogel: How Augmenix is improving QOL for prostate cancer patients. Urology Times. May 2018.
- Boston Scientific. Application Technique for SpaceOAR Vue™ Hydrogel: Dr. Asunció Hervas, Dr. José Dominguez. Accessed: January 30, 2023. https://www.bostonscientific.com/en-EU/medical-specialties/urology/hydrogel-spacing/learn-from-experts.html.
- King M, Svatos M, Chell EW. Assessment of NASHA® Spacer Symmetry For Prostate Radiation Therapy. [ABSTRACT] Presented at American Brachytherapy Society Annual Conference, June 19, 2022.
- Fischer-Valuck BW, Chundury A, Gay H et al. Hydrogel spacer distribution within the perirectal space in patients undergoing radiotherapy for prostate cancer: Impact of spacer symmetry on rectal dose reduction and the clinical consequences of hydrogel infiltration into the rectal wall. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2017; 7(3):195-202.
- SpaceOAR® System Product Code SO-31-1 Instructions for Use. Bedford, MA: Augmenix; Rev C.
- Boston Scientific. SpaceOAR™ Hydrogel: Frequently Asked Questions on SpaceOAR Hydrogel. www.bostonscientific.com. Accessed: January 30, 2023. https://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/medicalspecialties/urology/prostate-health/prostate-cancer/spaceoar-hydrogel/faq.html#:~:text=What%20is%20the%20 shelf%20life,shelf%20life%20of%202%20years.
- Boston Scientific. SpaceOAR™ System Indications, Safety, and Warnings. 2022. URO-819103-ABJUN 2022.
- Boston Scientific. SpaceOAR™ Vue System Indications, Safety, and Warnings. 2022. URO-855204-AB JUN 2022.
- Boston Scientific. SpaceOAR™ Hydrogel: Advancing radiation therapy – SpaceOAR™ Vue across different radiation modalities. Accessed January 30, 2023. https://educare.bostonscientific.com/s/educareus-content-detail MDY4MkswMDAwMFM2VkdwUUFO&mainView=Radiation%20Oncology&mainViewSlug=radiation-oncology.